Lindsay - irmo, South Carolina
Themes: forgiveness

To Forgive

I believe in forgiveness. It is true that we come across situations or people in our lives that we have such a bad encounter with, we could never imagine forgiving them. But I believe that life is what you make of it. If you go around never forgiving someone after a sticky situation, it not only hurts the other person, but you are also hurting yourself.

In the past, I have had some pretty rough fall outs with friends and yes it hurts bad enough you wish that you had never known them. But after the conflict passes and everything has been said, you are only hurting yourself if you don’t forgive them. Throughout my past situations I have learned that you don’t have to ever feel the same way you once felt about that person. You just need to forgive them and so all the negative feelings you have will not reflect on how you act in your life. I believe in forgiveness because in the long run, a weight is lifted off of your shoulders and it changes your whole outlook on life. No one in the world is perfect, not even yourself and by forgiving and moving on you can grow and learn to accept other things in life. By forgiving others friendships can be saved and you realize that it is not worth keeping all of those negative feelings inside of you forever.

I believe that by not forgiving someone in your heart that you have no way of moving on from that chapter in your life. Forgiveness is a way of reconciliation and growing up. I believe that forgiveness will change your whole outlook on life.