Life in Tennis

barrett - houston, Texas

Playing tennis is the way I live. Every time I step out on a court I bring the best attitude I can possibly have. Sometimes you will have those days where nothing will go right but still you have to show life that you’re here to take a stand. This is my life, not the opponents, not the line judge, nor anybody else’s. Sure, sometimes you won’t come out on top, but as long as you give it your best shot who cares! I believe that tennis is a lot like life in that nothing can stop you from being your true self or showing what you believe in.

Believing in tennis is believing in yourself. If you can step off the court and still say I and gave it my best shot, then you’re living your life. Win or Lose? In my life those words don’t matter, because as far as I am concerned they are just words.

Words can hurt sometimes but the big picture is that you have to keep going. Keep playing that match. Life is a long match. Yes sometimes you will be down 40-0, but you know what? You may not come out where you want to, but its life YOUR LIFE! You control what happens not somebody else.

Bad calls are made every day. So what if your opponent made a bad call. You may get down and feel like there is nothing you can do. You may feel like no one’s there to help. You may feel like giving up. Don’t! It is not worth any part of it. Get up! Stop playing his or her life. Play yours, because yours is the one that matters. Yes I lose in tennis all the time, but that doesn’t mean anything to me. I know that I can get up and play again and again and again. It may seem like you don’t have many chances and the case is that you just don’t see them.

Believing in tennis is believing in yourself. Live your life. Live it how you want. Love all you want. Play it out on the court. I believe that the way you play tennis is the way you live your life. Relax, Have fun, and enjoy where you are. This is how I live my life!