Cody - Altoona, Iowa

Cody B

Running the Race

When you think about how to accomplish a huge goal in your life, what do you do to make it successful? Every day men and women across the country are trying to make themselves better in something that they do. Some succeed, some fail. There is a key to being successful. This key has gotten me farther in life, because it is a motivation to do better. Life is one big race and you must give it your all to finish victoriously.

Each time a runner is about to race in their event, do they just go up to the line without doing something to prepare themselves? This never happens. Runners always stretch out and do practice sprints in order to get themselves focused for the event. They focus on the techniques needed for the run. This is an example of how I prepare for the goal I am going after. I can’t start a goal without knowing what I am going to need to do to successfully accomplish it. I make sure I know what all needs to get done. I make sure to not let anything distract me while going over the things needed. When the runner is ready to race he/she comes up to the starting line and trys to get a great start. This start could be a big factor in winning or losing the race. When starting a goal I make sure that I have nothing else on my mind and have a great attitude towards it. When I am ready I start my goal at a pace that is suitable in making the goal a success. If this happens the right way it will be much easier in the long run.

After the start the runner than has to keep a pace during the middle of the race that is necessary to take. Some long distance runners don’t take a very fast pace, because if they did they would run out of steam early in the race. I feel like I am more of a long distance runner when refuring to the things I’m trying to accomplish in my life. I don’t go to fast, because I might get burnt out on what I am doing or I might get too tired to finish my goal. If I trip up during the process I could also get some help from friends and family who could cheer me on to get it done. I make sure I have someone to talk to and help me with my goals in life so it will make it much easier to accomplish.

Overall the biggest thing to remember when a runner is almost finished with his race is that he has to finish strong and give it all hes got, because without extra effort he might not win the race. If he just stops and says I can’t do it, he will have let down all his friends, family, and fans. I try to make sure to never give up on my goals that I am working on. If times get tough I just have to stick it out and man up to what is ahead of me. The best part is when I have finished and I feel so relieved that it is over with and I can give myself a pat on the back. I am never going to give up on my hopes and dreams, because they may eventually happen in the future if I try hard enough. It seems like every day I am getting better at something that I wasn’t good at before. I have learned that life is one big race and you must give it your all to finish victoriously.