Mary Caroline - Houston

The Simple Life…Kindergarten

I believe in Kindergarten. It is so simple. Kindergarten. Everyone loved kindergarten. Why can’t our whole lives stay just like our lives were in kindergarten? It is a known fact that children in kindergarten are much more emotionally stable then the children that never attended kindergarten. If you never sent your children to kindergarten, then you should trust me and participate with your child in the activities carried out in a regular kindergarten class.

I loved coming to school after eating an Eggo waffle with maple syrup. I loved wearing my new white Keds and new backpack. I loved my Power Puff Girl lunch box that contained my “pb and j” with the crust cut off. I loved being with all my new friends, the bows in their hair and the fireman tennis shoes that light up when they walk. I loved sitting in my chair with my legs dangling off the edge eagerly waiting for my turn to play with the blocks or Play-doh.

I believe in kindergarten because in class we would read books about rabbits stealing vegetables from gardens and instead of books about sex and violence. In kindergarten we would watch movies about princesses going to balls or about talking toasters. We didn’t watch movies about death and despair.

I believe in kindergarten because that is where we learn the basics of life. We learn how to share, we lean how to be nice to others, we learn not talk to strangers, we learn that taking naps everyday is very important, we learn personal hygiene, we learn to tie our shoes, we learn to paint, (well finger paint), and we learn that cookies and milk with your mom can make any pain go away.

I believe in kindergarten because of recess. At recess in kindergarten we played with bugs or climbed trees, played the game house, or colored. Adults and adolescents do not take the time to climb trees or color. They discuss business or stress over a test. The only thing that you stress about in kindergarten is how to whistle or snap your fingers.

I believe in living in a world where the only thing that you stress about is snapping your fingers and whistling. In kindergarten you are unaware of all the bad and evil things in the world. You have nothing bad in your mind. You are innocent and pure. If everyone lived like they were in kindergarten life would be more carefree and easy.