Erin - houston, Texas

Banana Splits

I believe in banana splits. Banana splits with hot fudge, creamy milk chocolate, bananas, pineapples, and my three favorite ice creams: rocky road, vanilla, and dutch chocolate.

I believe that banana splits can make a person feel good. Eating banana splits helps me hit the spot that has been empty for a long time. When I am craving something I cannot have, I feel an emptiness inside of me. Then when I do receive what I need, it feels good. Sometimes I crave for more than just foods, I crave for sleep. With waking up early every day for school and going to bed late every night, I need my sleep. I start to crave for weekends so I can sleep in and get all the sleep I need. When the weekends come, I fill my cravings just like I do with a banana split.

I believe that banana splits are like a person’s roller coaster of emotion. Every bite has a different taste that can bring different emotions. I feel joy when I accomplish a goal, yet I feel sorrow when that goal goes down the drain. When I am about to go off the zip line at camp, my adrenaline is pumping and excitement is running all through my body. Then, when it is all over, my excitement is gone. All of my joy is over.

I believe that banana splits give me choices, just like I have choices in how to live my life. When I make a banana split, I choose what I want in it, just like my life. I choose how I live my life, and what aspects are in it. A delicious banana split is like a life made up of good choices.

I believe banana splits represent a person’s character. Every ingredient put into the banana split is like every characteristic someone might have. I am smart, down to earth, athletic, caring, and funny. That is just like my banana split. My banana split has cherries, milk chocolate, pineapple, sprinkles, and bananas.

I believe banana splits make people happy. Banana splits have chocolate, which makes people happy because it contains endorphins. After I eat chocolate I feel a joy within me. So, whenever I feel down, I will dig up all of the ingredients for my banana split and load on the chocolate so I can enjoy the rest of my day.

I believe every banana split make is unique, like I am unique. Each banana split is my choice of ingredients, my choice of life, and my choice of emotion.