Amy - Houston, Texas

My Eternal Fulfillment

For the majority of my adolescent years, I have attended camp every summer. I like routine and tradition, so going to Laity Lodge Youth Camp second session every year has become the time where my years begin and end. Never have I dreamt of going to another one. It is my safe haven where I can be who I am without being judged of what I look like or how I act. There is never a dull moment while I am there, I never know what to expect and I always have fun. This is why I believe in summer camps.

For me, my time at LLYC is a way to escape from the sinful world that we live in, and spend time in the most beautiful place on earth, the Texas Hill Country. It is there where I can exfoliate my heart from the grime I have built up all year and renew my spirit and grow closer to the Lord. It is there where I build strong new friendships that will last a long time, and rekindle the ones that I have previously made. It is there where I am given the opportunity to try new things, be adventurous and relax all at the same time. This is why I believe in summer camps.

Though I may take part in the same activities every session, what I get out of it is a different experience every summer. If I was not able to go to camp, I would not be the same person I am today. I would not be as strong of a Christian, have as many amazing friends or be able to say “LOOK WHAT I DID THIS SUMMER!”. The songs, the activities, the people, the relationships, and the precious time that I have in that place are so important and have such an eternal fulfillment, that with out it, I know my life would be so empty. To some, camp may seem like a mere spot or area on the earth or a building, but for me, it is much more than that. It is an active learning experience that will be with me for the rest of my life and beyond. This is why I believe in summer camps.