Sarah - Houston, Texas
Themes: work

Push the Envelope

People may ask “What’s my purpose for living?” or, “What am I suppose to do with the rest of my life?” I believe every single person on this earth has a meaning and was created to fulfill a purpose. I believe people should stop worrying about what their purpose is and start thinking about how they are going to fulfill their purpose. I believe people should be asking, “How am I going to leave my mark on the world?” and, “How hard am I going to work to fulfill my purpose?” I believe in pushing the envelope.

Starting with my high school career, people have been preaching to me over and over again that this is the time in your life that will make you or brake you. Hearing those words made me wonder how hard I needed to work to fulfill the expectations set by my parents and myself. Later, I came to realize that working hard until a certain point was not good enough for me. I do not want to settle with satisfactory, I want to be the best that I can be and go above and beyond expectations. I believe in running through the finish line, not coming up short. I believe in pushing the envelope.

In the last century, the world of science and technology has sky rocketed. My father’s generation has seen mankind take there first steps on the moon. The world has gone from using computers the size of a large room to computers that can sit in your lap as you drink your coffee at Starbucks. If it were not for the brilliance of men and women like Benjamin Franklin, one of the founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson, the author of The Declaration of Independence, and Harriet Stowe, the author of Uncle Toms Cabin who inspired the freedom of slaves, this country would be a whole other world . These people, however, fought hard for what they believe in and, thanks to there hard work, left there mark on this world. They made a difference. They did not stop at being average and meeting the normal expectations; they pushed the envelope to be somebody great.

Benjamin Franklin once said, “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” I believe every person is capable of greatness if they put in the effort and work there hardest and make something out of there life. I believe that god has a purpose for everyone in this world. I also believe that it is not going to be given to you on a silver platter. I believe that people have to work hard for what they what. I believe in pushing the envelope.