Chelsea - norman, Oklahoma

At age fifteen I realized that no person is invincible. It was a normal day of high school, nothing special, but I felt like there was something different about that day. I went home before a basketball game and I just happened to turn on the news, which I rarely did right after school. Then, there it was. The picture of one of my friends I had grown up with, who was always like an older brother to me. After his picture flashed, the news anchor told about the car wreck that had happened at lunch time. They had said that he was taken to the hospital with serious head injuries and shortly later was pronounced dead.

My world stopped. I really could not believe what I had just heard and seen. I was in shock and did not want to take it serious, until I heard them say his name. Then I ran outside to my parents and surprisingly, with strength, started to say, “There was a car wreck today in Choctaw…” Then that is when reality sank in and I started to cry. While I managed to mumble out, “and Bradley Peters was killed,” my parents were stunned and ran in the house to turn on the TV. The first thing we saw was his picture, then the story was told again. We all were crying and in total disbelief that it could have happened to him.

He was perfect. A great person with wonderful values and morals. He was liked by every single person in his class, as well as everyone else he got the chance to meet. A very smart, funny, guy with a future in baseball or whatever else he wanted. I could not believe that out of all the people in the world, God could allow him to die at age sixteen and not get to experience all that life had to offer.

It took me awhile, but I finally came to understand the whole thing. God has a perfect plan for everybody’s life. He has plans to prosper us and to give us a future. I just did not realize he had a specific plan for Bradley that involved such an early death. He was a great Christian witness and I know for sure that he is in heaven right now. This I believe. I believe in God the father and that he sent his son to die for our sins. I believe that he gave us life with his death. I believe that he has a perfect plan for all of his children, we just have to acknowledge him and his sacrifice. Then by doing this, life will not be perfect, but it has more meaning and it is a wonderful thing to worship the King of Kings.