Laura - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

I grew up in a very religious family. I attended church like i was supposed to, and closed my eyes during prayer because to me these were the things that made good christians. I was filled with misunderstanding about what christianity really meant, and mainly what it really meant to me. My second year of attending a church camp in Oklahoma called Falls Creek I was moved and changed. My older brother went also, and during one night of tabernacle service was saved. I was astonished to say the least, I thought he had been saved at a very young age, same as me. Watching him the rest of the week i noticed a huge difference. It was like he had become a new person. He had this kind of fire in him, and it seemed everyone was drawn to him. It was at that moment that I realized that religion was more than just an act or a habit, it was a belief. No one could give it to you, it didn’t come from going to church, or even reading the bible. It was truly within, and when he changed I wanted to also. My brother truly saved me from myself that summer. I rededicated myself to the Lord and found true happiness and love in my heart. I owe everything to Jesus, I thank God for my brother. I am very lucky.