Kayla - Philomath, Oregon

This I believe

I believe in my sister. My sister and I are 4 years apart, and we fight all the time. We all have times when we wish we didn’t have a sister or a brother but then again there are times you are very glad you do. I don’t know what I would do with out her. She is always there for me she cares about what I think, feel, and she loves me unconditionally. I know what ever happens in my life she will be there for me, no matter how much we fight and argue in the end of the day we still love each other.

Before she was born I was so exited to have a baby sister, but that only lasted for about a week. I asked my parents when we could take her back, because I was done playing with her. My mom is always telling my sister and I that when every one else is gone, there is no one else you can count on then your sister and family.

There are days she makes me want to scream! She always wants to be in my room, always wants to be with me and she always wants to use my stuff! But then my mom reminds me she just wants to be like me. She looks up to me because I am her sister.

I was about 10 the first time I left my little sister. Reanna and I were on a walk around the block with my friend Jenny and our dog, Nicky. Jenny was walking Nicky and he started to run. Jenny and I ran with him. Reanna wasn’t running because she said she had a side ache, so I left her on the sidewalk by Main Street. When I got to the house my parents said “Kayla where’s your sister!” I looked at them blankly and said “she’s coming” they ran outside as she was coming up to the house. They asked her “Did Kayla leave you?” she told them “Yea, I had a side ache, I couldn’t run.” They explained to me that she was only 6, and what could have happened to her and the fact I was grounded for a long time, I realized what I could have lost. I learned that I will never leave my sister again she means too much to me. Love your sisters and brothers they could be gone in a blink.

What would it feel like to look back on my life and to only see me in every memory? I can tell you I think my memories would be wishing I had a Sister.

My sister has laughed and cried with me. She has celebrated my accomplishments and held my hand over disappointments. Every memory of my life has been with her at my side. I can’t imagine not having her there. I can only hope I have done the same for her.

I believe in sisters. I believe with every fight there’s 3 good times to come. Even though we definitely don’t get along 24-7, she is my sister and will always be.