Lauren - Houston, Texas

Lauren H

Making Good Grades to Ensure a Successful Future

I believe in making good grades because I enjoy the feeling I get when I have studied hard and learned something new. For instance, my grandparents were going on a trip to South America. They told us some places they were going to visit. They mentioned Sao Paolo and Brasilia. I suddenly realized I was studying those places in geography. I told them about some interesting attractions to see. They had surprised expressions on their faces. They were shocked I knew so much about these places. They told me they were impressed, and I felt very happy that I learned so much.

I believe in making good grades because I get a feeling of satisfaction when I have achieved something important. Whenever I receive a good grade or my teacher tells me good job, I feel like a million bucks. I was studying one night for a HUGE biology test and I was scared out of my mind. I took the test the next morning and I got a 96! She told me good job and I was so proud of myself. I felt so happy that I had achieved my goal!

I believe in making good grades because I get recognized for my achievements. I got all “A’s” and one “B” every six weeks, so I was recognized as being on the honor roll. I was in the office one day because I had broken the dress code. I was really sad because I knew I was getting a detention. I looked on the wall and it had the names of the honor roll students. I went down the list and saw my name! I forgot about the detention and I loved being included in the honor roll group. I was being recognized as an honor roll student and I felt so happy.

I believe in making good grades because it keeps me out of trouble with the school and my parents. My parents want me to have a good future, so they push me to get good grades. Also, I see teachers getting on kid’s cases about not failing. If I get good grades I am satisfying myself, my parents, and my teachers. I feel happy when I do not get into trouble.

I believe in making good grades because it ensures that I will get into a good college. If I get good grades, I will go to a good college. College is very important for my future. I will feel very happy if I get into a good college because I know my hard work paid off.

I believe in making good grades because I will be able to get a job and have a satisfying future. If I get good grades, I will get into a good college. I will then eventually get a good job that will allow me to have a successful future. I will feel really happy when my good grades fill my future with fabulous things.