Vanessa - 98247, Washington

With the voices stirring inside my head, as if there was a whirl pool of millions of different thoughts circling about inside my head, I sat there, at an abandoned table during lunch, listening to the people around me and I kept thinking to myself that if I get past this part in my life, I will be able to do anything I want. If I got past high school, I could be anything. With the voices that were surrounding me, the conversations of last night’s aweseom party, knowing that I’ve never been to one, or the conversations of who did what to that girl last night. This was the time when I came to hate high school.

High school was the time when all the girls wanted to be like the popular girls and all the guys thought it was cool to loose their virginity. High school was the time when people thought it was cool to ignore doing their homework or getting in trouble from their teachers. Well I’ll tell you one thing; high school is not about whose more popular or who’s got the super hot borfriend/girlfriend or who lost their virginity first. It’s about succeedgin in life and getting somewhere important and I hated listening to those people who were always trying to aggravate their teachers all the time, so they could be sent down to the principle’s office.

I started hating high school when I heard horrible rumores about people that were my friends and when I knew that those rumors were completely false. I started hating high school when my best friend got incolved with this “popular” guy, when this “popular” guy hadn’t exactly straightened things out with his ex-girlfriend. I hared high school because of all the DRAMA!

Lots of people come to school for the social part and they never care whether or not they’re failing all of their classes or loosing so much credit, or that it is going to take them an extra two or three years to graduate from high school. I always ask myself why those people even bother to come to school if all they’re doing is absolutely nothing to further their future and instead are making frustrating, complications for others who actually are trying to get a good education and who are trying to graduate so that they can do awesome in the future. I guess I just never understood it.

High school was the time when there was so much gossip that you could barely keep up with everything going on around you. A person like me is a person that I’d consider normal. I don’t contribute to any kind of rumors because I don’t believe in rumors, I don’t tell a person’s secret to another person because I don’t believe in telling people’s secrets to other people because that’s just stooping way to low for anyone, I do my homework and do it the best I can so that I can get good grades. I don’t try to act cool so that I’ll get in trouble from the teacher and get sent to the principle’s office because I believe that’s really immature for any person that is in high school. I don’t pay attention to being popular or trying to look the hottest because for one reason I don’t like the attention and for another reason I am my own person and no one can change that. I am who I am and I like it that way. If you knew me, I’d be that one unique type of person that kind of stands out a bit more than others, like a sore thumb sticks out from all the other fingers. The reason why this is is because I am my own person and I don’t try to be someone I’m not to try and be “cool” or “popular”. Like I said before, I am who I am. Anyone can go ahead and try and change me but I’ll just let you know now, nothing you say or do to me can make me a “wannabe”.

I would describe high school as a completely other world. You wake up in the morning and are surrounded by your family and are yourself around them and are in your own little world, while by the time you set your foot into that school, you enter a whole other world that is completely opposite from your own. It’s like people are living two different lives. I guess they just don’t understand that they’re not going to have quite the life they could have with a diploma in their hands than without one.

I believe high school is the most important part in a person’s life. High school is where you decided who you’re going to be in life and high school is that source that every person uses to get closer to that someone that they’re going to be. High school may come with certain responsibilities or even lots of homework, but with sticking to those responsibilities and actually doing those loads of homework comes a great accomplishment. That accomplishment is getting a high school diploma. With lots of concentration, hard work, effort, and dreams, every single person can accomplish getting their high school diploma.

I just don’t think people realize how important high school really is. They just ignore the important parts in life and think they’re going to be okay and maybe they will be okay, but they won’t be the best they can be. With a diploma from high school people can succeed further in life and fulfill their dreams. I plan to fulfill mine, what about you?