Parth - Little Falls, New Jersey

I Believe

Getting involved is all about putting yourself out there. A lot of people have the ability to catch on to something new very easily and quickly. We have these unique abilities but still some refuse to actually use them for something that will benefit them now and in the future. Trying something new and getting involved will be important all throughout your life. The question is how can you get involved?

Involvement will be important all throughout your life. It would help if you started at a young age. Even colleges look for people who are involved in a lot of things and are willing to try something new. You should want to have experience in a lot of things when you grow up and getting involved is the way to do it. Do things beside academic work, like join a sport or a club. It will help you in the long run.

Try to reach outside of your circle. If you never try something new you will never know if it would have worked out or not. You could be left wondering for the rest of your life what would have happened if you tried a new club or activity. When the opportunity came up at school to join the ski club, I was hesitant to try because I feared I might fall again and again and embarrass myself. I decided to take the risk, and found that I am a better skier than I expected I would be. I also found that everyone falls on the slopes; it’s not really awkward at all. As a result, I have really had some fun!

You can also meet new people by getting involved. That is just another reward of getting involved. You will meet people just like you who are trying to do something new for a change. Running for Student Council enabled me to work with other students who I barely knew before. I found others who shared my ideas and my desire to improve my school. I am glad I did not miss this experience.

Getting involved is beneficial in many ways. Put yourself out there, learn something new, and if you like, stick to it. There is never a need to be bored, as there are unlimited opportunities to try new things. It will not only help you in the future, but also enhance the present. In conclusion, getting involved is the way to go!