Breanna - Litlle Falls, New Jersey

I Believe

I believe that you are born an original, so you don’t want to die a copy. You shouldn’t change the way you look or act just to fit someone else’s expectations. If popularity means to you have to have the same hair color and wear the same clothes then why do that. Be yourself and don’t try to be someone else.

Be the person that you are. Everyone has his or her own unique look and personality. If everyone acted and looked the same, then people would get bored of each other and the way they look. When I see someone hanging with their friends and you can’t tell them apart, it really saddens me that they can’t have friends who don’t care about what they look like. It makes me think that they have to change the way they are just to be friends with each other. When I look at my friends, I see we all look different but still complement each other in the perfect way.

There are a few of popular stores at which most young people seem to shop, so you might find yourself wearing the same thing as someone else now and then, but that does not mean that you select clothes that you have seen others wear. Be yourself, and choose what you like and what looks best on you. A hairstyle that looks wonderful on a friend may not look good on you at all!

If four friends decide to join cheerleading, you should not feel you have to join too. May be you would rather be on the team and play. If everyone decides to go to the latest movie on a Friday night, there’s nothing wrong with deciding to snowboard instead.

I think it’s important to be your own person, and not be influenced by others. Each person is unique and valuable – no one has to be the same as someone else. Popularity should come from being appreciated for whom you are by people who really care about you. If you have to change, in order to be accepted, the thing you need to change is friends.