Brielle - Little Falls, New Jersey
Themes: hope

I believe that everyone should have hope. Hope is something that can help a person get through the day. For some people life is difficult, and it is hope that keeps them hanging on. For others, hope promises new adventures and excitement. Hope plays a role in everyone’s life.

As a teen-ager, it often seems that I am just one of a very large group of young people, mostly looking the same and doing the same things. Life can be boring. But hope lets me know that someday I will stand out among my peers. Someday I will be famous. Someday everyone will know my name.

All over the world, there are people who live on hope and little else. They do not have adequate food, housing, or clothes. Some have to watch their children die because they can’t afford to feed them. The one thing these people do have, however, is hope. Hope for a job, some food, housing, and most of all, hope that their children will survive and have a better life. Hope keeps them from giving up; hope keeps them looking for solutions; hope is their happiness.

One place that hope can be found is in Fairy Tales. These stories have been told to children and read to children for many centuries. In these stories, with happy endings and magical solutions, children learn that they can hope for good things in their own lives. No matter where a person lives, no matter what their economic condition, no matter what difficulties they may face, any one can have hope. In the words of Cinderella, “No matter how your heart is grieving, you just keep on believing – the wish that you dream may come true.”