Ryan - Little Falls, New Jersey

I Believe

Family is a vital thing to survive in this cold world. Your family loves you unconditionally; they are always there for you. Your family cares about you, and they will never abandon you. Can anything really be more important than your family?

Because your family loves you, they accept you for who you are. You don’t have to pretend to be “cool,” or smart, or talented. Within your family, it is easy to try new things, because if you don’t succeed, you know they will love you anyway. If you come in from playing football, and track mud all over the floor, your mother will forgive you, because she loves you. If you break your brother’s new iPod nano, he might yell and scream at you, but he will get over it, because he loves you.

When you need help, you can depend on your family. If algebra gets difficult, or Language Arts seems overwhelming, there will be someone at home to help. If you’re too sick to walk the dog, your Dad will do the job. If you get your license, and run the car into a mailbox, you’ll call home, because someone will come to get you.

No family is perfect, and every family has its share of fights and disagreements, but no matter how you may argue, the love does not go away. It is love that holds this group of imperfect people together for a lifetime.

. Family is the greatest thing in anyone’s life. I believe that everyone should appreciate his or her family, if you are lucky enough to have one. There is no love that is stronger than the love that exists between family members. This is what I believe.