Morgan - Norman, Oklahoma

It’s funny to come in close contact with the things that scare you most. Well, maybe not funny, but rather ironic. But to think this one thing that scares you the most can show all the love in the world that people have for you is unimaginable. It happens, and God has a strange way of showing it.

Last night was surely a night for me to never forget. I was packing for home-a place which I had not been in a month. I bring my four loads of laundry, my backpack, toiletries, and whatever I can cram in my car down the elevator of my dorm just like every other college student.

On the way out to my car, I find a closer parking spot, which is like winning the lottery around here, where I can load my things. I immediately, run to my car, load what I have in my hands and drive to the front row spot. Just as I am about to pull into my proud find, a blue F-150, pile drives my front end. After realizing what had just happened, I get out of my car and stare. I then run up to my dorm, hysterically, and a few friends come down to help me out while I call my parents.

Things were fine, no one was hurt, we exchanged information as I watched my clean, white car load onto a towing bed, and left in the arms of great people. I was a mess, though, to say the least but all those around were comforting and guiding me through everything. My friend, Bryce, then offered to take me home because he, too, is from the same town as I and was planning to go home as well. I smiled and said, “Thank you.”

We load up his car and sit quietly in the front two seats; I was still in shock from before. We get two blocks from the campus and he rear ends the black car in front of us, swerves into oncoming traffic and then to a side street. I immediately burst into tears wondering how this could happen twice in 1 hour. He also begins to cry and just holds me in his arms registering what just happened, again.

February 1st, what a night. Two wrecks and a mental breakdown. How and why was this happening to me? Then, I thought, while laying in bed that night, “God, you’re funny one.”

This I truly believe, now, is that God given love surrounds you in all. I believe, now, that every hard moment, success and failure, in life, that same love grows like a weed and holds tightly to my heart; comforting me. My friends were that love February 1st. And how could something like that be forgotten?