Kesha - Little Falls, New Jersey

Kesha P 8-1

Mrs. Mac Mullen

Language/ I Believe essay

08 January 2008

I Believe in Education

Education is the best way to achieve your goals. No matter what subject holds your interest, learning more about it will increase your skill and ability. If you want to be an artist, learn to draw, take art classes, and study other artists. If you want to be a chef, take a cooking course, watch the professionals on TV, or read a cookbook, if you want to play sports, learn the rules and the most successful plays or movies.

I believe young people should take their education seriously. Grades are important! Learning is the key to a student’s future. It is during school years that a student develops good study habits, and takes responsibility for his or her own learning.

When young people don’t believe, don’t study, and don’t care, then their high school years become harder to manage. They will probably not be able to get into the classes they want, and will not do well in classes they are not interested in. Education is very important because if you pay attention well enough, then you will pass your S.A.T and your HSPA. Without passing those big tests, you will not be able to start college. This is why every child in middle school should start getting ready for high school, just like every child in high school should start getting ready for college.

If any person prepares to go to college, it will be easier for that person to get accepted into the school of his or her choice. But even though you make it to college you will still have to work hard in order to get a great job, and make money. I believe that education is very important because I want to become a nurse or a pharmacist when I grow up. But I can’t do that if I start being lazy right now. So I am really going to work for it and go toward my goal. Right now my mom is a Pharmacist and I want to be just like her when I grow up. This is why I believe in education.

When I was growing up as a young child to a more mature child, I thought that I would never pass each grade. Then, one day my dad took me to the doctor incase if I had any problems. And the doctor found out that yes I did have some problems, but they were very minor. So as I grew up I started understanding more and more. And now I am way better then I was in the old times. And now I have no problems.

I kind of have an idea of how it probably feels to think school is not important because my uncle just came from India, and when he was younger he also thought that school was not important. So now he has come and he regrets it more then ever because he knows how to read a little bit of English but if I talk to him he will always ask me, “What did you say in my language.” He probably wished he had more education.

I believe that taking advantage of education is vitally important to having a good life, and this is what I plan to do.