My Remedy

Lauren - West Lafayette, Indiana

I’m overworked, highly stressed, irritable, and feeling just plain dull. I’ve worked since it became legal for my age. Two jobs and a hefty paycheck made me feel independent and as if I could buy anything I wanted. Work was always a great excuse to get out of anything, not get annoyed of “drama queen” friends, not have time to do the dishes, and not having to go to boring family functions. Being always on the go allowed me to teach myself time management and money management. Soon, I was confronted by the consequences, which arrived after about six months, such as; never ending homework, weight loss, unfinished chores, and extreme exhaustion. Exhaustion was the one consequence that I couldn’t come to deal with. I searched everywhere for an antidote to cure my fatigue; which caused me to become practically an addict of rock star energy drinks and 5 hour energy shots. After a couple months went by, I became what I thought of as immune to caffeine and energy drinks. I searched for something better than energy.

I believe in the longevity and the healthy rehabilitation of multivitamins.

Just one multivitamin a day made me feel like a whole new person. For once, in a year, I felt immortal, vibrant and as if everything were normal and not one bit hectic. I believe that these vitamins had a tremendous affect on me physically and mentally. They gave me the energy to catch up with the people I hadn’t seen and the homework I hadn’t done because of work.

I believe that multivitamins provide me with the nutrients I need for each day, especially when my dinners consist of frozen or fast food. Also, they assist in surviving the 24/7 spontaneousness of the college lifestyle. Multivitamins pack everything I need to keep me balanced, in just one tiny capsule. They have B-vitamins; which rapidly increase metabolism and healthy cell development. Multivitamins also have the nutrients I don’t normally get in my daily diet such as; calcium, fiber, and protein. Also, they keep my immune system constantly on guard to fight off any illnesses coming my way.

I believe that multivitamins changed me for the better. I went to irritated young worker at the brink of getting overwhelmed, to an optimistic, vibrant, young lady. I take my vitamin everyday and sometimes I get overwhelmed, sometimes I’m in an overly good mood, but sometimes I do have normal, energetic days where I feel friendly and outgoing. Multivitamins work for me, and no one, not even a nutritionist, can tell me different. I call it my crutch and it’s been there during the good and the bad. I trust these multivitamins to be with me always, even if I have to switch brands or pay more for these vitamins. I trust that they’ll be around when I graduate, marry, have kids, and grow old.