Chaz - Lutz, Florida

Losing a Friend

By: Chaz C 8th grade

I believe that losing a friend is a very hard time for anyone. Friends are one of the important things that a person can have in their life. When a friend passes away or just stops talking to you, you feel really sad and depressed. Losing a friend is a hard time because you feel that you cannot talk to anyone else about it. Many people move on very quickly after they lose a friend but for others it takes longer.

I have recently lost a friend, my best friend. My friend was always there for me and I had known them since I was little. My friend was loving, caring, sweet, and intelligent. My friend was fun to be with and I enjoyed every moment with them and they had the best smile. No one can possible imagine the bond my friend and I had. We were inseparable and I also always talked about my friend. Everybody always knew who I was talking about. I loved my friend so much. I was so sad and secretly depressed because I lost them. My favorite part of our friendship was whenever I would get home he always had a smile on his face and his tail was wagging as fast as it could go.

My friend, Tucker, was a ten year old yellow lab when he passed away. He was the best dog ever. Whenever I came home he actually smiled and was happy that I was home. I got Tucker when I was almost two years old. When I was little and when I was mad I would go up to tucker and bite his fur out. Yes, that may sound gross, but it is amazing how his love for me surpassed the pain of getting his fur pulled out. Now if that isn’t loyalty then I don’t know what is!

Tucker was the sweetest dog on the planet. He never hurt anyone or anything, except a turtle but that is another story. He never chased a cat and he never barked at a squirrel. I remember one cold day, by the way we used to have a duck, a chicken, and a cat, I walked outside and saw my Tucker with the cat next to him, the duck next to the cat, and the chicken next to the duck. No one tried to attack anyone. Because of Tucker’s love and the temperature, the animals didn’t want to attack each other.

Before Tucker passed on into his next stage in life we got two new puppies. The puppies are toy poodle puppies so they were very small. They were only one pound when Tucker met them. When we would take them out to go to the bathroom Tucker would walk behind them so nothing could attack them. Tucker, even though he was a male, was like a mother to them. He loved those puppies so much.

Tucker did the noblest thing a dog could do. One day I was doing my homework and I looked outside at my long drive way, I live in a swamp, and I saw Tucker walking down the driveway and stop and looked back at the house. He looked for about ten seconds then kept walking. That was the last time I saw my wonderful friend. By leaving and dying peacefully in the woods he gave us the gift of not having to go through the painful thing called putting an animal to sleep.

My friends are very important to me. Tucker was my most important friend I have ever, and will ever have. I will never forget my loving dog, Tucker. He will always be in my heart and be my best friend. No one or dog will ever replace Tucker. I will just make more room for them in my heart.