Lydia - okc, Oklahoma

Little child in the night, I believe that you can hear me. You are not alone, and when you feel that you are, know that I am here. I am your friend. I am your ultimate reliance. You can always count on me to be here. I never falter. I never wander. I am steadfast. I am as steadfast as you always have been.

When your parents curse each other in the night, call upon me, for I am here. You will see your friends come and go. They change at whim and will. You never know when your worst friend will become your enemy. The traitorous enemy could even become your closest ally. Yet even when these people change, I shall be the one pillar you can rely on to be the same.

At times you know me and understand me. At others my actions shall confuse you. You will see my emotions clearly, but may not know how to react. Even when you find love and then lose it, I will be here. When family breaks your trust, when lovers walk away, when friends no longer find you valuable, I will trust you. I will hold you. I will value you.

Little child in the night, I see you and I remember you. I wish that I could impart to you all of my knowledge. I wish that I could spare you the pain that you will have to face. Yet even though I have seen what you must face, I cannot hold back the experience. I cannot take away your fear, hate, love, or pain. You must feel them all. You must decide who you will be and the choices that you will because only then will you find me. Only then will you be able to be able to love me. Only then will you be able to become me. Rely on me.