Emily - Bismarck, North Dakota

I believe that at any given time in a person’s life, they have no idea for certain of what they truly want, and that is ok. Just take a minute to think about this, and ponder about such things as re-thinking, re-evaluating, or second thoughts. There is nothing wrong with these types of actions, but I have yet to come across a person who has never had second thoughts or wondered if things would be different now had they done something different in the past.

People area always changing, whether it is their hair color, their clothes, their living arrangement, who they want to be acquainted with, or where they want to work. This gives me all the reason in the world to believe that no one has a clear idea of how they want to live their life.

Now, I know that there are people out there who believe that they have a plan that is exactly set to how they are going to live out their life; they believe that they know exactly what they want to do and where they want to go. But if you fine one of these people, and question their true intentions, I doubt that everything has worked out the way that they thought it would, I doubt they would tell you they always knew what they wanted and have it now. Even if you could find someone who told you this, I would never fully believe them. Perhaps they have met the goals they always expected themselves to reach, but what they don’t realize is that after they got everything they ever wanted they didn’t just settle with that. They found something new to strive for and achieve, making them subject to the idea that they have no true idea of what they want, for they now have to find something else to make their goal.

I believe that at any given time in a person’s life, they have no idea for certain of what they truly want, and that is ok. Even if a person has had a set plan for themselves, which they were not going to stop until they achieved it, and then one day decided that their goal was no longer what they wanted and changed their mind, it is ok. That is what life is for, for re-thinking, re-evaluating, and second thoughts. Otherwise, why would we have been given such a long amount of time to live upon this earth?