Brittany - Altoona, Iowa

Brittany S

Comp.2

Ms. Pins

January 27, 2008

Many Americans spend the holidays alone. The reason for that is they choose to not spend time with their family or they may not have any. I believe that spending time with family should be the top priority of every person’s life. Many people get wrapped up in the importance of jobs and money and forget about the most important things in life such as family. No matter what may happen to you, your family will be the only ones to stick beside you throughout your life. It’s important to spend time with your family because it brings everyone closer together.

I’d say I’m pretty lucky to have a nice sister and two loving parents that are still together and support me through everything. I am glad to know that I wake up every day under a roof and that I will be safe. My grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins on my mom’s side all live about ten minutes away from me. We try to go over to my grandma’s house every Sunday night for a delicious homemade pot of chili, but we don’t always get around to it. We always get together for family member’s birthdays and holidays. On my dads side my grandparents live in Iowa City but we still manage to see them once a month. They come to my dance competitions and we always plan a vacation in the summer to enjoy one another’s company. Even though my cousins range from the ages five to ten I still enjoy playing games and hanging out with them.

I’m thankful that God blessed me with a wonderful family that supports me through everything I do. I feel that I can tell any one of my family members anything and not have to worry about what they think of me.

Many people don’t realize the importance of family and they underestimate the things they can do for them. You never know when something bad in your family could happen. I feel you should try to see your family members as much as you can. When you are going through a rough time, your family members will always be there for you and help you get through it.

I’m thankful that my family and I are very close and I am proud to say that I love each and every one of them.