The 2008 NBA Champs

Jake - Webster City, Iowa
Themes: sports

Basketball is a great sport, and the NBA is a great organization filled with the best players in the world. Throughout the history of the NBA the Boston Celtics have had many great teams. With players like Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Pete Marovich, and Bob Cousy there were many championships won by the Celtics. In the past 10-15 years the Celtics franchise has been without a championship. I believe that the new additions of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce will end the Boston Celtics drought with the 2008 NBA Championship.

The Boston Celtics ended the 2006-2007 NBA season with a record of 24 wins and 58 losses. In the off-season, the Celtics picked up Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, James Posey, and Glen Davis giving them a completely different team. Their record for the 2007-2008 season, so far, is 33-6. They have already won more games than last year, the team closest to them is the Detroit Pistons, 5½ games back, and the previous Celtics teams have never started the way they have started. Great championship teams from the past haven’t been able to begin the season with as great of a start as this team is having. They are setting records that no other team has been able to do. It is amazing watching them tear through teams with ease. All of their success belongs to their players.

Having three all-stars, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen, on the same team gives you options. No one team can key in on a single player because that leaves one of the others free. If Kevin Garnett is having a big game the team feeds off of him, and if Pierce or Allen is feeling it that night, they will take over. With three offensive threats, you’re odds are great to have at least one of them having a good night and sometimes that is all it takes to win. These three together, along with the impressive play of Rajon Rondo, their second year point-guard, seem the heavy favorite to win the 2007-2008 NBA Championship.

You can look at it anyway you want to. You could compare this Celtics team to great teams from the past, compare them to the other teams in the league, or just look at their record. Either way you look at it you have to believe that the Boston Celtics are on their way to win the 2007-2008 NBA Championship.