Nicholas - 58501, North Dakota

In our world today there are a lot of people admitting to making mistakes or complete failure. It could be failure in a relationship or maybe even in business. If you think about your complete failure and dwell on the failure you start wondering if you would have had done something different. If you don’t ask yourself, maybe someone else asks you if you would go back to change what you have already done. I feel that that would be a mistake, to think or even to want to change what you have already done.

I have messed a few things up in life, like one being working on one of my lawn mowers. I do a yard care business when the season is right in North Dakota. I have always liked to work on things, mostly mechanical devices, and I always do small things with my mowers. I have never had to replace the rigs on the piston, so it was new for me. I had the tools, but not quite all of the knowledge to do it yet. I went ahead and tried to change the piston rings, and failed. I didn’t get the timing quite right so the motor did not fire over at all. I didn’t give up, I just tried it again.

I have learned a lot of things from my failures. I feel as if I actually learn best from my failure. I once had a girlfriend that was the coolest girl I knew, but she stopped talking to me, and I didn’t try to talk to her. I regretted it for a while, but soon enough I found another girl, and I learned. I talk to her about everything. I have learned from a past experience that I can prevent something of that nature happening to me again.

Failure has taught me many things, it was my choice to learn from it and not regret my failure. I believe in second chances to succeed. I do not believe in second chances to go back in time to fix a previous failure, or what should be a great learning experience for me. I believe you have to make a positive effort to move forward, if you stay at a stand still dwelling, there would be no will to try new things or attempt a new thing and fail. Failure is a great teacher, if you appreciate the things you learn from failure.

The way I see it, life is too short to go on about my own mistakes and my own regrets. I can be out helping my community with the problems bigger than mine. I have learned from my mistakes and I can now help other people learn from theirs. I do not want to be sitting around thinking about what I could have done, or what I should have done. I am going to go do it, and I am going to do it right. No regrets.