Jordan - Stratford, Iowa

I believe that angels are among us

What is an angel? The definition that I gathered would be angels are figures with halo and wings. They represent good rather than evil. They guide you through love and purity. Last January an experience led me to believe that maybe angels are real. In that case I believe that angels are among us. My angels name is Eric Watts.

Eric was not only my friend but a role model to many. His integrity and energy is very much missed. His goal was to brighten many peoples day including my own. I would always ask for advice and he would give me the best advice back. We could talk for hours about ridiculous things. Randomly he would sing in the phone and we would play name that tune. My fondest memory would be when we were hanging out in Godfathers; he started singing “Blinded by the light,” because the light went into his eyes. Unfortunately Eric died in a car accident about 1 year ago in December.

Last January my friends and I were coming back from a friend’s house. I was late for curfew at my grandma’s house. When the three of us left Boxholm the snow was falling really hard. As I was driving the highway was covered with snow. I couldn’t tell where the road ended and where the ditch started. I slowed the car down as I did the car went over close to what I thought was the shoulder of the road. So I move the car back and the car started sliding. I started heading for the other ditch on the driver’s side. At that time I moved the steering wheel over back to the other side, and lost control. Apparently I over corrected after sliding a bit the dodge dynasty went into the ditch, with the three of us inside. The three of us got out of the driver’s side and climbed up the ditch. A woman pulled up and offered us a ride, I looked inside her car it was too full. As the tears started to form huge headlights came up from behind the car. It happened to be a snow plow; he offered us a ride, neither of us refused.

My angel was looking out for me that night. Eric was with me the moment I got into the car, he made sure that my friends and I were okay. He brought us a snow plow not even five minutes after the accident. I know that he was with me because the next day when I started my car “blinded by the light” was playing. I call it a sign from my angel. Angels aren’t just figures with halo and wings. They are familiar faces, the ones that love us. They look down on us with smiling faces and they follow every move that everyone makes. They are here to protection of me and you; I believe that angels are among us.