Patricia - Albuquerque, New Mexico

This I believe…

I believe in simple acts – a touch, a look, listening -and important tasks – raising children, loving others, working hard at something positive – that truly wakes us up, connects to our passion and with that passion changes us, changes others, changes worlds.

I believe in transformation of mind, body, spirit. I believe this transformation is the key to gainful living, to finding peace, to creating, to understanding.

I believe that change is hard, painful, sharp. But not changing does not bring us ease, joy, or peace. We need to take a stand somewhere and fight for what we think and care about, even though it can hurt or be uncomfortable.

Some say it’s better to leave things be – why bother, it’s working, just leave it alone. And to them I say, “Have you really looked at our world, our families, ourselves? Because when you look carefully you see the places that need filling, fixing, touching up. If left alone those holes, cracks and dents become bigger, uglier, and less functional.” I believe in change – but change that has been fired with reason and thought.

I believe in simple change, and big change, inner change, and outer change. I believe in Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Buddha, Allah, and alien hosts, in energy flows and reincarnations. I believe that we can chose to believe in something, someone, or some idea, without it having to hurt or discount what someone else believes.

I believe that everyone knows the value of love and peace and truth, and the hurt of hate and strife and lies. I believe in our power to understand ourselves and that self-understanding is what will help us to better understand others.

I believe we need to listen inside ourselves, where the secrets of the universe dwell like sleeping rocks until the day we wake them up and use those rough stones to polish us into the gems of people we can be. Each person, simple and unique, each one important to so many others; each one so special it gives me pause to think about the powerful whole of us all.

I believe in the power of change and transformation and how it is so very good for all of us.