Military Leadership

Jerry - Escondido, California

A military leader does not use their mind, but follows their subordinates. Being a leader you have to understand that you alone cannot accomplish the mission without your subordinates. A part of a leader you have to motivate your troops, put the welfare of your soldiers before your own, and you must have competence.

Being a leader in the military you have to emphasize to your subordinates in how important it is to have commitment to your duty. Because many soldiers do not understand that their duty is to support and obey the President when they are called to accomplish a mission. Mostly, in what I have observed when I was deployed is that many leaders are the ones that do not want to execute the mission. There are many leaders that do not like to be deployed and be away from their family. It just shows how and what kind of a of leader you are, and it also brings down the motivation and morale of other soldiers.

Selfless service is another value of a leader that he or she must have. As a leader you must put the needs and goals of the nation, military, your unit, and your soldiers before your own. It is important that a leader has to sacrifice so a mission can be executed. A lower rank soldier that sees his or her leader has a selfless service value they would admire him or her, and they will try to follow that step when they get a leadership position.

Determining the weakness and strength of your soldiers is another way of showing

leadership. Once a leader has determined the weakness and strength of his or her soldiers he or she can start the training so they can build confidence and be better at their weakness. Many leaders have succeeded in transforming a weak soldier to a over all confidence soldier by determining his or her weakness.

To accomplish a mission and to be a leader in the military you must know how to determine the weakness and strength of your soldiers, you must have selfless service, and commitment to your duty. These are just few techniques in how to be a good leader in the military.