Macy - Bismarck, North Dakota

I believe in smiling. I consider myself very lucky to have figured out life at my age. The only thing I aim to get out of life is happiness. It’s that simple and that difficult. Over the last few years I’ve struggled with the life I am in. Feeling the way I did on a normal basis wasn’t ok. Life is short and offers amazing opportunities I was going to miss. Being happy is the goal I set for my life, simple enough.

Finding that happiness is the tricky part. I decided enough time had been wasted and hunting for happiness couldn’t wait any longer. The things I enjoy and the things that make me happy aren’t that difficult to figure out. The last time I laughed until I cried I was obviously happy. I realized I needed to spend more time with people that make that happen. People that make me feel insecure and unimportant are shut out of my life. I no longer force myself to try and be something I’m not or enjoy something I don’t. I’m not the girl that cheers the loudest at football games and is known for having the most school spirit. I thought I wanted to be that girl because she looked happy, but it didn’t work for me. I do the things that make me comfortable and happy. By doing what I love I found the people that bring me joy and I keep them close.

I add happiness to my life everyday by filling it with the things I smile at the most. Drinking coffee puts a smile on my face. So I indulge in a cup of coffee. I don’t care about the calories and the cost. Dancing and singing my heart out gives me this fearlessness joy. I dance and sing every opportunity I get. It doesn’t matter who is watching. I take part in spontaneous adventures. Planning and organizing only makes me wait. I like to do those things now, enjoy today, and create another smile.

To make sure my happiness is long lived, I work hard to get a good education. It will make me very excited when I earn a degree in an area I love. Those are things that will add joy to my life. Being able to get up everyday knowing I do something great and rewarding will bring happiness. Having a family and raising children are also things I know will bring an abundance of joy. I hope to have a house full of love, for nothing could make me happier.

I believe life is simple, it’s doing what you can to be happy. My most important goal in life is to be the happiest I can be. I’m working on finding things I love. When my life is completely submerged into a world of these special things. I will then have accomplished my most challenging life long goal.