Katy - Norman, Oklahoma

I believe that everything will work out for good. I believe that even when I am faced with situations that are not ideal, pushing through them, I will make it through. I believe that it is important to believe that I will, because it gives me hope that I actually can. I believe God has a plan for me, even if I don’t see it for myself.

I once felt that my life was continuously going down hill. In high school my two best friends from ever since I can remember, the ones that I did everything with suddenly dumped me out of the blue senior year. I was devastated and couldn’t understand why. My first semester of college was the loneliest time of my life. I went to a school where if I was not in a sorority you could not be involved with anything else on campus. Also, I was not included in much since it was the time when it is new to all the freshmen and most just want to hang out with their pledge class. It just was not what I had planned for my things to go in my life. I think I was just really angry that God did not allow me to get the things I want.

After transferring schools, I had an amazing experience. I met some of the most amazing friends I could ask for. But most important I realized that things only started to turn around for me when I accepted where I was at in life, that I wasn’t happy, and that maybe it just was not the place for me to be in my life at that time. I have always heard that you make yourself happy or miserable. I think this is a horrible statement and its not comforting at all. Some things I feel like I have no control over, which can get me down, even when I try to stay positive.

But looking back I can see the good that that time in my life brought me. I now believe in the importance of family. My amazing family is always there for me. I believe in myself. I now feel like I am a stronger and more independent person with less fears of being alone (as weird as that may sound). I believe I would not be were I am today without that experience. I believe that God has a plan for my life.