thomas - wooster, Ohio

since childhood I have lived in amazement at the things people do and do not do to one another on a daily basis. Living in America has allowed me to experience scientific feats of amazement such as space flight, computerization and medical break through. It has shown me its manufacturing might that drives a worlds economy while being a harbor to the arts that can stir a mans soul. it has a history and a future.

The masses that make up its collection of citizens are from everywhere in the world. No port of call is any longer just a dot on the map or a place read about in 8th. grade geography classes. No nationalities have a solid majority or an unspoken foot up on any other class of people calling America their home. The only separation between the American Masses is now their level of commitment to continuance and their belief that kindness will overcome so much of mankinds short comings.

The people that have remained solid in my memory were gracious souls that continually extolled me to continue on through this life with an attitude of servitude towards others and a general being of kindness that others would recognize as being sincere. Those old time friends, relatives and acquaintances from days gone by along with the man or woman I met just this afternoon continue to renew my faith on a daily basis that good will overcome bad . Their continual determination to keep on keeping on doing good to one another is forever the secret of being contented in this short time we share our time on this earth. So often i was the recipient of their actions that had left me full of hope and kind of heart. i believe our level of contentment and more importantly our future generations level of achievement and legacy will be determined by our own commitment to harbor and promote those human qualities known as kindness and determination.