Brandon - Wildwood, Missouri

I Believe

I believe that a movie is better than a book in many ways. A movie is just like a book, except it has music, speaking, movement, and a background to it. I think a book is a dull thing to read, turning page after page after page. Reading a book that is too long, or reading a book with small print can sometimes give you a headache. A movie really gives you a picture of what’s going on the whole time, so it is easy to understand.

A movie shows much more action or drama while you are watching it then a book does. It’s always better to watch a high speed chase scene or a game winning homerun than to read about it. When you hang out with your friends, you all go to the movies to see each other; you usually don’t all get together at someone’s house and read a book, because a movie is much more exciting.

There are so many exciting things that you can find in a movie. When you are at a theater, you get to watch it on a mega screen, with high definition and surround sound. It almost makes you feel like your part of the movie. You get to eat popcorn and candy and relax yourself. You could do this while you are reading a book, but it could be messy and, you could get the book greasy.

A movie can be inspirational in many ways. You get to see what is going on in a movie, so you can understand the message of it more clearly. You can learn a lot of things in a movie, and you can hear many morals in it. Personally, I can understand a moral more clearly if it’s spoken to me, which is one reason why I like a movie so much.

Some people may like books more than movies, but in my opinion, a movie is much more interesting than a book. I like to read too, but a movie gets through to me much more than a book. I get tired of reading books, but I could watch movies all day if I wanted to, because there is more action and excitement in a movie. I believe a book can be good in many ways, but a movie is more understanding and more fun to watch than a book.