Terri - Cheshire, Connecticut
Themes: carpe diem

January 27, 2008

I believe in passion. Not the kind that lets two people leave claw marks in each other’s backs, although that cannot be ruled out in the right circumstances. I mean being able to feel things deeply.

We live in the world that constantly advises good citizens to moderate themselves. Feel , but not too much . Love, but not too much. Care but not too much.. Why can’t I just scream out loud and tell people how it is? As long as I am a consenting adult and not hurting anyone, who cares if I sing songs at the top of my lungs , or walk around my house completely naked . Who should be my judge?

Every single day should be spent with every bit of passion one has whether it’s at work, vacation, or alone. Life is far too short to sit around and let even a minute pass by without a complete awareness of what is around you. Whatever you choose to do , it should be with the feeling that it could all be gone tomorrow. Notice the sunset, listen to children, watch the caterpillars, laugh, read, explore, and think.

All of us within ourselves have the power of change. If something isn’t working fix it don’t wait around and complain. It is up to us to have enough passion to motivate ourselves to be the ones to get up on that white horse and ride through our neighborhoods. We can save the world in our own back yards every day.

I believe if we have enough passion we don’t need an afterlife or someone to judge us at the end of our lives. People to people is enough . We do not need a mediator as a go between what we do to each other. We can judge for ourselves if we have done as much as we can. As long as we are breathing it is not too late to keep going out there to make the world a better place.

I believe the greatest gift we have is to be the model we want others to be. The people we touch are truly our future and when adults have done all they can it is up to the next generation to pick up where we left off. Each time you talk with a person , you are teaching. In your words and actions is your philosophy. It is always there for everyone to see. You are what you believe because every thing you say and do shows people exactly who you are. I hope people when they see me they say she has passion and I will know I have made a difference.

January 27, 2008

January 27, 2008