Mayya - Renton, Washington

Remembering the moments when Marina and I would run around acting like our silly selves and not caring about anything, brings much joy but much pain at the same time. I remember her laugh was always so cheerful always so addicting that when she laughed you couldn’t help but laugh to. Many of us have struggled through hard times that cause us to lose hope for the future. I personally have had many of these types of moments, where life can just be another thing that needs to get done with, instead of enjoying life. At many times when moments like these come into people’s lives, people tend to give up and fall into depression or become suicidal. At the age of ten I was one of these people, because I lost my best friend in a car accident. At that point I did not want to live because it was my best friend whom I’ve lost and I did not know what I was going to do from that point on. In the earlier years of my life I haven’t lost anyone close but when the accident happened I was in great shock and didn’t know what to do or how to feel. All I knew was I wanted to be in heaven with my best friend and I didn’t want to deal with the pain and no one really caring about how I feel. Throughout that period of time I was in great shock and very depressed as many people many say. I felt a great deal of pain mostly because I thought no one cared because of how busy they we’re with other things. But later on I had many of my friends and adults make me realize that they care and I can get through that hard moment of my life. I believe that there are many ways we can prevent things like depression and suicide in people’s lives.

All through our lives we get involved in many things that distract us from what life is really about. We tend to forget about our loved ones and leave them out because we are so busy with our everyday things. At many times that leaves them out feeling like they are not needed, wanted or cared for. This brings many struggles to people’s lives and causes very big pain that later on in life can be very hard to cure and forget about. Other times people can get very overwhelmed with life and find no reason to life because of how overwhelmed they become. This also causes people to go into depression and at times suicide. And other times big things like a death of a close one can cause people to go into depression or have thoughts of suicide. I believe that there are many ways we can prevent this from happening, especially to our teens today in America. There are many ways we can get involved in other peoples lives to make them feel like someone cares. That was all I needed when I was ten and I had a tragic moment in my life, is for someone to show me that they care. And at many times that’s what people need is someone there to care for them in time of need. That is why I believe that we can prevent depression and suicide.