Cindy - Kennesaw, Georgia

I believe in Daddy. Four years ago I finally turned into a teenager. My thirteenth birthday was a day full of many emotions for him. He was quite happy yet fearful at the same time. During the birthday party he pulled me aside and asked if he could have just a little bit of my time to mention some things he had been wanting to say. “Time has gone by so fast,” he declared, “I do not even remember when you started to become a young lady.” Daddy stated I was entering an age full of confusion and new horizons. He offered me his friendship for whenever I would need it or when I ran into a problem in which I could not find a way out.

All he wishes for is that I finish my education in a career which I will be happy in. He does not want me too emotionally involved with any of the guys who take notice in me and give me flowers. Daddy says I am still his little girl and that I am doing so well in life. He is proud of the fact that I have his eyes and way of thinking. I am the princess of his kingdom and he fears that a guy will come someday to put his hands on me.

Daddy said he would be kind and comprehensible when the inevitable time came that I started dating. He let go of what other people thought and had full confidence in me. “There are may possibilities that you will make in error when dealing with love,” he uttered, “I hope that you will be able to avoid them and not get caught up in things.” “I have to show you respect and even be negotiable when you make decisions that have nothing to do with me. Cindy,” he said, “ you will be independent before you know it and will not need to come to me for anything if you do not wish to do so.”

The only thing he asked for at that time was that no teacher could confuse me by insinuating that my prayers were worth nothing. He did not like the fact that that they were teaching evolutionary theories.

“God bless you and do not let any one put you down. There are some people who talk just to try to destroy others,” Daddy advised, “ Do not listen to them, put your head up, and keep walking forward.” When he had finished crying his heart out Daddy let me go so that I could keep enjoying my party. I not only enjoyed the rest of my party but I have been enjoying my life up until this very day. The reason why I have been able to do so is because I have believed in him. Daddy has not failed me once, so I will continue believing.