Will - Ballwin, Missouri

I believe it is important to spend time with my family. I have a mom and dad, one brother, and two sisters. I know most people aren’t so lucky. I know that people say it is good to spend “quality time” with your family and I agree that this is true. However, our family sneaks quality time in the rushing around of our crazy lives. We are one of those crazy families that spends most of our free time going to sports events. My family is often split up when two events are at the same time, but we always bring as many of us together as we can. We talk, share funny stories, and laugh in the car.

Our family shares quality time listening to music. Several times a week we will call the other car on a cell phone and tell them to tune the radio to a station to a song we all like. We often spend time playing the guitar and singing along to a song everyone knows. My dad always wonders why we love to sing at home but never sing at church.

One of the few times of the day everyone is in the same room is during meals. Sometimes the meals are very rushed but we are all together! We all try to help out and do some of the cooking even if its as simple as putting something frozen in the oven. After diner we all help out putting the dishes away and cleaning up the table. Nobody really likes to do this, but it’s great to be together.

My dad has always insisted on going to church together as a family. Many times it would be easier with our hectic schedule to split up and go to two different masses. My dad would rather us go to an early service if we have the opportunity to be together. I can only remember a couple of times that we weren’t all together in a church service. As my dad often says,“ A family that prays together, stays together.”

I know I can always count on my family being there for each other. I really enjoy being with my friends, but when it really matters I turn to my family to share my daily ups and downs. They are always there for me and I always want to be there for them. I believe in families.