Anna - Tacoma, Washington

I believe in Family. My family is extremely supportive and loving, no matter what. We always have fun, whether it’s coming together for a simple dinner or a fun outing. We share so many memories, stories, and inside jokes, all of which make us laugh. I’m very grateful to have a family who loves me and is always there for me.

Last year we built a new house, which unfortunately for our neighbors, has rather large windows in the front, providing them with a pretty good view of our living room. My little sister loves to dance, as do the rest of us, although I can’t say we’re extremely coordinated. Almost every night after dinner we abandon the dishes for later, turn on some loud music,(my sisters favorite is Barbie Girl), and dance as if no one is watching, although I’m sure a few of our neighbors have gotten a glimpse of the Larson Clan’s dancing. We always joke about how ever since we moved in the neighbors have kept their blinds closed. However, dancing and goofing around with each other is that one part of the day when all previous stress is forgotten, whether it be homework, work, chores, or just things to do.

I love spending time with my family. My mom is hilarious and can always make me laugh, although she doesn’t realize that most of the time I’m laughing at her, not with her. I always have so much fun with her, whether we’re playing crazy eights, dancing to Sweet Caroline, shopping, watching Oprah, or just talking. She’s always making jokes, some good some bad, but nonetheless we always end up laughing. I can be myself around her no matter what and I like to think of her as one of my good friends.

Another member of my family who means a lot to me is my dad. I really don’t think I’ve thanked him enough for all the help with math homework over the years. Although we don’t agree on everything, one thing we do agree on is the fact that we really need a four wheeler for Christmas. My dad and I love doing sport activities together. My dad has been my skiing companion for years and we’re both looking forward to the mountains opening. My dad is really important to me because he’s taught me so much, and without him I would be sad and most likely failing math.

Last but certainly not least, is the latest edition to the family, my little sister Nora Jane. Nora is three going on thirty. She even already has her husband picked out. She can be surprisingly bossy for a three year old and my mom and I like to joke that if Nora’s not happy, no one is. However, most of the time, she’s very fun to be around, and I find myself bragging about her to my friends a lot. We’ve had fun times and I look forward to watching her grow up.

My family is obviously very important to me because we’re all very close and we love to see each other happy. We’ve created so many fun memories and I am looking forward to all the memories to come.