Brooke - Tacoma, Washington

I believe that everyone is fortunate of everlasting love.

People judge who’s loveable and who’s not, without considering the fact: they are the one judging without detail. Love requires willingness and sacrifice. Unfortunately many people do not exhibit these traits, because they doubt their ability to give and receive love unconditionally. Many people reach for love; want love; need love. Too many of us are oblivious to the love offered because of our doubt.

People search for love from others, when they haven’t taken a glance to notice how they already are loved immensely. I believe God loves me just as any other person, taking away the doubt in me of being unloved. I can not be more worthy of love just because I am wealthier; more talented; more noticed. This causes doubt in others because they believe the lie, “I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH.” I believe God views me as he would any other individual, no matter how different we are from each other, God looks at us equally: “I VALUE YOUR LIFE SO MUCH.”

Everyone wants to feel love, but experience it in the wrong places; for example: relationships. As with everyone else, when I receive love from someone that I so dearly care for, it sets butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I can get this feeling because I know how much I’m wanted and how much I’m noticed by another. Along with this feeling, I have learned that doubts are in any relationship. Recently I have learned how much more of this love I can receive from God. I am not talking about romantic love, but encouraging love in which I know I’m always important. I believe God will always love, notice, root on, and care for me, exactly like he cares for someone who I envy; who is obnoxious; who is hurtful. Changing my mind was from several testimonies I heard, and afterward I had realized how God always loves us. What powerfully impacted me though, was the intense love I longed for was right before my eyes and I was just blinded by the puppy love I had with another.

People take love for granted. I have done this myself, finding someone who loves me that I don’t love in return, but I stay in the relationship to feel loved. I believe in God, that he will never quit loving people. No matter how much God is rejected, harassed, or cursed, I believe God will not banish anyone from his extravagant love. I trust that no matter how much I want to ignore God, that his love will always redeem me, making me realize how much I love him.

I believe the love God gives has caused me to love others. I take this as an example of how to treat others, how to talk with them, how to calm them. I say this wholeheartedly; from God’s love, everyone is offered a relationship made from intense, gentle, everlasting love. Romantic relationships don’t always fill the emptiness in hearts, but God takes these hearts and fills them with his enduring love. This, I believe.