JENNIFER - BIRMINGHAM, Alabama
Themes: work

I believe those who work hard will prosper. I know this sounds cliché and just something that people say, but I think it is true.

I know I have worked hard in many situations and in the end it has paid off. When I play soccer during the spring, we have to run for two weeks before the season actually starts. While running I complain until I can’t talk anymore because it gets too difficult. Though once we get into the season, I am so happy I put in the extra running work. I know that if I hadn’t run before the season started I wouldn’t be able to really play well. In a game you have to have the stamina to keep going and stay string so you can win. This past season all my hard work finally paid off, my team won the state championship. It was the greatest feeling I have ever had, especially knowing that I had worked hard for so long to finally get something from it.

Another major thing in my life that takes a lot of hard work is school. I know I am only a junior and I have another year until I graduate, but I am still working towards one goal, graduating with high honors. I am currently in all honors classes, and they take so much of my time I sometimes wonder why I am doing it. They are so demanding that there are times when I don’t understand anything that’s going on. However, I know that in the end I will get the most out of it. When I go to college I will be able to get in better core classes and get a much better job afterwards due to my higher education. So, by putting in all this extra work on the weekends and staying up late trying to get things done, I will get ahead in life. I am just providing myself with a better future.

So many people have to work to get to the top. People always hear the rags to riches stories and think, “wow look at that! I don’t know if I could do all that.” I think people really can do all those things in their own lives. I mean, people work all their lives and sometimes think they have gotten nowhere. However, I think if they looked back on their own, lives and not at what other people have, they would see all the great things they have had. Maybe they got married and had great experiences with their spouse, or they have their children’s lives to enjoy. They really did have a great life and got a lot from it. They just don’t see it because they are comparing themselves to other people who may have gone from rags to riches. But I believe people will be rewarded when they work hard.

I believe everyone can prosper if they just put hard work into whatever they do. However, sometimes someone’s hard work will not lead to material wealth. It may lead to prosperity in emotional areas though, which in my opinion is worth much more.