Melody - Oshkosh, Wisconsin

I believe in the Power of Love. This I believe is the transcendent essence of life. I was born of it, broken by it, healed by it, and called to live by it, a story of bittersweet redemption. The heartbreaking betrayal of childhood innocence and the hopeful idealism of adolescence shattered and coalesced in my young mind and emerged into consciousness as an insatiable passion for truth, freedom, and righteousness. I knew even then that this would take me far beyond myself and the world I knew. Reason alone would never be enough to satisfy the longings of my broken heart. Childhood had been a tragedy and life already a nightmare. At fourteen years old, begging an unseen force for direction and light, I was touched by the power of love. My desperate cries did not fall on the deaf ears of a cold, calculating, empty world, but on Divinity Itself. It would be many twists, turns, and painful dead end roads later before I would begin to understand the Mystery and guidance of that unseen presence.

My life is a story of the Redemptive Power of Love. I have a voice I am learning to use to give witness to this transcendent power and the innate longings of the human heart to know love, to be loved, and to be able to love unequivocally. The quest has led me persistently through uncharted territory and brought me safely home again. It has left me alone and reviled, gotten me into trouble, caused much pain, made enemies, and yielded me life-long friendships. It has caused me to lose my dreams, my ideals, and even the life I thought I would have. It has changed me. I do not live as I once might have, for even righteousness transcends. Life now is richer and deeper and more than I ever imagined. The past demands faith to endure, the future promises vision and hope, but the here and now compels me always to transcendence by the power of love’s revelation. I cannot affectively maintain my peace for even one day of engaging another human soul without the still small voice within reminding me that the whole of life is to love by grace through faith. It alters my perspective and lifts me out of self-centeredness and teaches me other-centeredness, the fruit of deeper love. To me this is life’s intention. The purpose of a higher calling. Life is not static, it requires change and I must be the change I seek. I believe in simple choices made for the right reasons and a child-like reverence for the mystery of life in a world that seems to have grown too sophisticated for such parochial riddles. I am an uncommonly simple woman living an uncommonly simple life in difficult times and a complex world. This is exactly where I am meant to be, becoming the love I long to create…for such a time as this. His grace is sufficient for me.