ryan - san antonio, Texas
Themes: birth

People say it happens instantly like a flash of light. That you never really see it coming, it just takes you by surprise. You could just be walking down the street one day and BAM!!!, it hits you like a ton of bricks. Most people are never given the chance to experience it but luckily for me, i was given that chance.It all started three years, two months,and nine days ago, thats how long its been since my beautiful daughter Hailey was born and i knew right away that she would always have my heart. I believe in love at first sight.

The first time i saw her i felt my heart stop and I think that I stopped breathing for a while. It felt like the room was completely empty, no nurses,no doctors, and no family, it was like only the two of us were there. All I could do was to stare down at this little creature, that i had helped create and bring into this world and hope that i could be and do everything that she needed and wanted in a dad.

She is, in my eyes, a perfect little person who can do never do any wrong. She is funny to watch, interesting to talk to and loving to touch. I love to just sit and watch her play, watch her eyes as she expores something new or laugh at how much she loves dancing to her Hannah Montana. Those of you who are parents are going to know exactly what im feeling and those of you who arent, well I just hope that one day you will be able to understand. Its the best feeling in the world, to look at another person and just know that no matter what they do or say, you will always love, care, and be there for them.