Brandi - san antonio, Texas
Themes: change

Brandi Gatlin

What I believe is 50% ever-changing and 50% is unwavering.

When I was eleven years old, I believed that playing in the school band was the coolest thing ever. When I became a freshman in high school the last thing I wanted to do was play in the band. Hence, the 50% ever-changing

When I was sixteen, I had a daughter. My parents took it very hard and had no real encouraging words for me. One thing that was told to me by my aunt was “This is not your head-stone this is your stepping-stone” Those words have stuck with me my whole life, no matter what situation I have been in.

The most important thing I believe in is my faith. This has carried me through so many things in my life and has guided me in remembering who I am and what I stand for.

I believe that as a wife and a mother I am responsible for my family. I believe in being a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, the one that makes our home a warm and a peaceful place to be.

I also believe that my life is everchanging. As I mentioned above I had a daughter when I was 16. That was ten years ago. I have since then have gotten out of a bad marriage, and have grown. Joined the U.S. Army for four years and have grown. I went to LVN school while still working and being a single mom, and definitely grew!

I have had my share of ups and downs in my life. Right now, I am definitely in an up. I am getting married in May, I am able to go to school full-time without have to work full-time, I have more time to spend with my daughter during the day, and the best part of all, my fiancé takes out the trash and washes my car! I know that life will always be full of ups and downs, but my faith keeps me strong and knowing that nothing life has to offer me is my head stone, just my stepping stone.