Kiarra - USA
Themes: peace

Peace of Mind

I believe each individual has a special way to find his or her peace of mind. What is peace of mind? In many cases it is the absence of stress, and anxiety; the feeling of being refreshed after a long week. Every person needs to refresh their mind, body, and spirit from the problems and stress that they face in everyday life, and finding their peace of mind can do just that.

Individuals have certain pressures put on them by teachers, family, and friends. Pressures to get better grades or be a better athlete. This is where inner peace comes in to play. It is important to release the burdens one carries before they become overpowering. Indulging in your peace of mind eliminates the mind, body, and spirit of burdens and pressures and helps one relax.

Realizing everyone has a different way to find his or her peace of mind came to me in sixth grade. I was sitting on the beach with my dad and had just left after-care at Trinidad Elementary. We just sat there for about forty-five minutes; our gazes getting lost in the crashing waves. Then it hit me. My dad’s way of finding his peace of mind was to look into the ocean and have his gaze get lost in the tumbling waves. When I was younger it was “boring to me” to just stare at the ocean, I mean it’s the same waves crashing over and over, right? Realizing this made me want to find my peace of mind. It became the ocean as well, swimming, boogie boarding, surfing, and kayaking in the ocean clears my mind of stress and havoc. A serene place where stressful thinking is scared to come, my inner peace, my friendly ocean.

Visiting my grandparents by the warm shores of San Clemente or going to Moonstone on a summer day helped me find my peace of mind. Spending a week at a surf camp, or boogie boarding with my cousins made me feel calm; perfect. Those days when the water is warm and the sun is shining bright and the cold foggy days when the weatherman lied and you drove to the beach. Those are the days when I get a strong urge to jump into the waves. That is it. That is my inner peace, my stress free environment.

Every person is different; they may have different eyes, or different hair, a different laugh, or a different smile. Each person has a different way to find his or her own peace of mind. Everyone I know has a different way to clear his or her heads of stress, to find their pure place of serenity. It may be sitting on the beach or being active in the waves. A pedicure, and a cozy book may be the ticket for some people or seeing the newest action flick on the big screen is the way some people find their own peace of mind. Whatever it is, or whatever it may be I encourage people everywhere to spend time there when life gets rough. Take a day trip and go on a hike, or go shopping, what ever it is, refresh and invest time into a stress free state of mind.