Crystal - Chicago Il.
Themes: morality

I believe in the decision to remain abstinent until I get married. In fact, I believe that it is the best way to avoid a lot of unnecessary worries. Saving yourself for marriage, in turn, saves you from a lot of stress and heartache. I have witnessed what can happen if you choose to have sex at the wrong time not to mention the complications it can bring.

My decision to remain abstinent was reinforced after observing the actions of one of my friends. She decided, in spite of her parent’s advice, to engage in sexual activity. This resulted in many broken hearts, emotional suffering and an unplanned pregnancy. As a teen mother, she was forced to drop out of school. She now had to put her new baby before her education. On top of everthing the father wanted nothing to do with the baby. The consequences of her actions helped me realize having sex was not the right thing for me right now.

Realizing the error of her ways she advised me not to make the same mistakes she did. I’ve found it better to listen to her advice rather than become like her. So I’ve made the firm decision to remain abstinent until marriage. I made a promise to myself but more importantly to God and I fully intend to keep that promise. I’ve found that one decision has benefited me in many ways. It’s not always easy to refrain from doing certain things out of curiosity, but doing so has kept me out of trouble. I’ve learned from my friend’s experience that sex won’t bring you love. In fact, if a man truly loves a woman he’ll wait.

With that knowledge, I’ve avoided a lot of potential problems in my life. If I become involved with someone I intend to set a slow pace so as to avoid any regrets by rushing into things. With this approach I would not have to worry about accidentally getting pregnant or becoming emotionally unstable.

For the above reasons, I have decided abstinence is the way to go. Not only is mind at peace, I also have fewer things to worry about. I believe my decision to remain abstinent has been one of the best I’ve ever made and it’s a decision I’m sticking to!

By: Crystal Mercado