Carly - Webster City, Iowa

I believe that in the end, Meredith will end up with McDreamy.

To many, Grey’s Anatomy might seem like an over-dramatic, unrealistic television show. To me, this television show, which I have dedicated so much love to, is more than just any other ordinary T.V. show. I have devoted many Thursday nights to my television to join my second family, the doctors, surgeons, and nurses at Seattle Grace Hospital. This time that I have spent watching my beloved Grey’s Anatomy has slowly, but surely, molded me into an obsessed fanatic. Through out the many emotional packed episodes, I find myself stressing, laughing, and of course, crying right along with all of my favorite characters. This is especially true when it comes to the love affair between my favorite characters, Meredith Grey and Derek Shepard, better known as the infamous Doctor McDreamy. These two characters’ relationship is the whole basis of the show I love. Without these two, Grey’s Anatomy would be nothing more than a boring CSI: Seattle. Therefore, I would no longer have a reason to watch it. Like any other Grey’s Anatomy obsessed fan, I so desperately want Meredith and McDreamy to be together. Whenever an episode ends with a rocky fight or a different sort of mishap between the two, sadly, my night is altered. Things just aren’t quite right with me. On the other hand, when the two love birds are laughing with each other and the world is a bed of roses, I couldn’t be more excited. I become so thrilled that you would think these people were actually living, breathing human beings and not just characters in a script. Although this is not the case, I have become so entwined with Grey’s Anatomy that sometimes, as much as I hate to admit it, I feel like it is real.

At this point, you might think I am crazy, that I have no life, and you are probably sick of hearing all this talk concerning a show you couldn’t care less about. The truth is after 71 episodes, four seasons, and countless hours spent in front of the T.V., how could I not care? Without the Meredith and McDreamy drama, I wouldn’t know of such love for a simple television show. This is why I must believe that in the end Meredith will end up with McDreamy. Otherwise, what a passion I would be wasting.