Vianna - Newcastle, Washington

Vianna Velasquez

Period 7

This I believe speech: Friendship is the best

When my host mom asked me in the dinner New Years of Eve which was the best moment that I had in 2007, I didn’t have to think to much; and between the nice smell of the food, the beautiful color of the red wine, and the music that the restaurant was playing, the only thought that came to my mind was this summer trip to Margarita Island, Between the craziness of Vanessa and Jesus, the bad jokes of Ramy, and Mildre and Marisel passion for dance and go to parties I knew that that trip would be unforgettable. And I was right because so far that was one of the nicest experiences that I had with my friends. That 7 days trip was awesome; we could know each other much better, share different thoughts; like how crazy are the teens when parents are not around, laugh; for that girl who jump to the beach with her cell phone in her pocket, go to bed so late and then wake up very early, because we had so many things to do and explore.

One of the days that I enjoyed the most was I think the 4th day, was Tuesday or Friday maybe Saturday, who knows!, I only know that that day was the best one, the day that I saw the 3 most beautiful places and beaches one more beautiful than the other; I could feel the sand in my hands, taste the different flavor of that delicious fish, precious moments I spend in “La Peninsula de Macanao” “Coche” Island; dancing, thanks to that people who were playing the bongo, do that and more, off course with my friends.

For moments like those is why I believe that friendship is the best.

The rest of my friends Maria, Stephanie Eulier, Oriana Sergio and more that I don’t have space to mention are like my real brothers and sisters, I knew them a long time ago and I love those persons.

My friends are just the most amazing persons that I ever met, with different personalities, and characters which make me have a very nice crazy and intelligent group of people around me.

But know everything is different because I am leaving in the States a little bit far from home, from where my family and friends live, but that really doesn’t matter because I think that the distance is not a big deal, and if the friendship lasts forever then the distance would not be a problem.

Been here in the United States gave me the opportunity to meet new people, new friends, friends like the others from Venezuela would be best friends. And I want to thanks to all my friends who teach me that friendship is the best.