LaShondra - Saint Louis, Missouri
Themes: love

Saying “I love you” or “I hate you,” comes from one place, your heart. But why? The only possible way for anyone to say one of these two phrases, truthfully, is to know yourself first. People are not able to love or hate another without this emotion being a reflection of their own personality. Everyone in my life is loved differently and very much. But they all do reflect who I am and who I strive to be someday, like a mirror to the future.

I love my mom: Yes, she is the one who raised and loved me, but she is much more than that. She is a strong independent woman. Just gaining an ounce of the strength she comprises will result in my success. The best part is that we have a special, we are like friends, but she does not forget I am the daughter and she is the mother. Another highlight of our relationship is there is no tension between us. It is not like WWI in our house, and never has been. Which is the type of relationship I desire to obtain with my own children. One where they can come to me and we feel as though we have to keep secrets from one another.

I love my granny: My granny is the backbone to my family. Every time I have an encounter with her it seems as though I leave having more knowledge than when I first walked in. Something I learned from her came from the fact that my cousin and I were always at each others throats, and my granny would get tired of it. Then one day she sat us down on the kitchen floor and made us write “I will not fight” one hundred times. After we were finished with this deed she stood us next to one another and said, “You don’t have to like each other, but you will respect one another.” Before this that thought never crossed my mind. She made me realize that the world is mostly about respect, because you won’t always like your boss, but you will respect them to keep the job. You won’t always like your colleagues but you will respect them so not to raise any conflict ending with you losing your job. If you show a little piece of dislike then that person will ride you until you break, but you show that person the utmost respect, they will have nothing to say. She knows so much and teaches me those things; I wish I were able to learn everything she has for me.

I love my boyfriend: My boyfriend is one of the most wonderful aspects of my life right now. But I do truly feel that this is more than a high school fling. Thinking about him gives me butterflies in my stomach, and I just get a huge grin on my face. And when we are together, anything is possible. We can go anywhere possible and I will be happy as long as I am with him. But all these feelings, plus more, are all promising because we are so much alike. We both are the more quiet type, the ones who you are not likely to see at a huge house party, but may be more plausible to see in a small group of three at the mall. Moreover, we both also enjoy a nice day out to take pleasure in the outside world, go on a date every now and then. We are able to share new experiences with one another, and it causes our bond to grow to be more than it was yesterday.

I love my best friend: My best friend if goofy, outgoing, crazy, a fun person to be around. Without her the fun throughout my day would be sucked out dry to nothing. She is the highlight of my morning, sitting and laughing with her, nothing can replace it. People may look at us and think we are nothing like the girl that is situated next to us, but we are like sisters. We can do so much with our identical personalities, and our imaginative minds, it is scary. It is difficult to envision a life or a school, when she is no longer present, but it could happen, not because of different views, or some stupid fight, but because of rotten luck. It is a heart wrenching thought.