Stephen - Ware, Massachusetts

I believe in happiness; I believe it will come eventually. I believe that the end of this dark road, I will be surprised with it. I try not to think that life can get much worse than where it is now, but if it does, something good will come of it. I sincerely trust that day-by-day my life only worsens because there is a reason, but life will pull through and once again I’ll be happy – but not the same in the end.

I believe in the happiness that people emit, they do not know, but it lights a beacon of continuance. It gives you faith, it gives you warmth, and it exhumes you. It’s remarkable that when you are feeling down, people can tell behind your fake and perky smile. It’s remarkable that when in tears, even the quiet ask of your well-being. It is even more remarkable that they will go out of your way to ensure your well-being. I love the feeling of sincerity when it’s not doused in sarcasm, but when people mean it. I don’t like it when people act sincere, but do not have the heart to mean it.

I believe in conditional love; I do not believe in its alter, unconditional love. When is love absolute? You will face the hardship of a conditional-styled relationship no matter how much you love your partner; that, my friends, is absolute. We think that if we try hard enough things will work, but in all reality, we know they won’t. We know that life is held up by intricately placed pieces of tape… we know they will not hold forever. One day, it will come crashing down, and other days it will be a masterpiece.

I believe all you have to do is listen to the thunder. The thunder is the concentration of all meanings of happiness. There is nothing more peaceful and more relaxing than the sound of thunder. Through all the hardships you face in life, thunder will dull the pain. Thunder is my remedy to sadness, but it does not come enough; however, it comes when it’s most needed. I believe that in the darkest time there will be a light shining through, which you must follow. To me, thunder is my light. Somehow, the sound of thunder makes me remember why we are here. We are here to live, we are here to love, and we are here to continue.

I believe in happiness and love because I still await it. Because of the hardships I have faced, I anticipate their arrival. I believe that there is much more to life than what we make of it. I know that my happiness will never be what I wish, but some happiness is better than nothing. I don’t deeply desire love, but I know it will come when the time is right. Lastly, I believe in waiting. I believe that waiting is just the soul’s anticipation for succeeding.