Todd - San Antonio, Texas

I believe that each day in a person’s life is yet another chance for them to turn everything around. The world has become increasingly more and more difficult to live in as the years have worn on. Violence, racism, genocide, war, rape, pollution, etc., are all part of our everyday lives. Bad things happen to everyone in this world, and eventually everyone becomes a victim. After becoming a victim, you are left with a choice, a choice that will dictate the rest of your life. A victim can either roll over and blame the world for his or her problems and spend the rest of their life using this as and excuse for failure, or the victim can take charge of their life, using the things that have happened to them to guide themselves towards more positive things and making themselves better people.

I was born October 21st 1981 to a single college student in San Marcus Texas. The very next day I was adopted and taken to live in San Antonio with a family of seven, the majority being adopted. Each adopted child came from various backgrounds. Some adopted as babies, others as old as six and seven from dysfunctional backgrounds. My adoptive parents gave each child all the love and opportunities to achieve that any child would need. We were raised well and were never left wanting anything. As we grew older I began noticing the differences in each of us and how we viewed the world. Some felt that the world owed them for the things that had happened to them when they were young, and would act out. After getting in trouble they would blame the world, roll over, and continue to make the same mistakes. This was my first experience with people like that, but after growing older and entering the real world, I have realized that this problem has grown into and epidemic. The world is full of people who blame others for their problems, and take no responsibility for its mistakes; very few use this knowledge of the world to make themselves better people.

My belief is simple. Use everyday to its fullest. If the day turns sour, or life knocks you down, get back up, tomorrow is another day. Tomorrow is a chance for you to change your life, reinvent yourself, and grow. Treat every day like its your first and you never find yourself blaming today on yesterday.