Diana - Chicago I, Illinois

“I Belief that everything that has happen to me has formed who I am now”

“I have the power to take my helpless self and become an empowered, strong and confident young woman”

I belief that everybody has the right to be different, I don’t care about fashion, the newest shoes, or the newest things. Materialistic things are basically the things humans need to feel good with them self to cover who they really are to show other people that they have confidence in there persona. I see world differently I basically pictured it full of obstacles’ that I must overcome day to day. I mostly care about family, children and poverty around the world. My father hade show me that the most important thing in life is caring for others and helping the one that is in need.

An abused child in some cases ends up becoming a depressed person, a traumatize person or they just end up giving up to what there situation has been, not me I am one of those cases that has never giving up to the situation that I live as a child. As I was growing up I remembered facing a lot of obstacles in front of me, I remembered been scare most of the time, I was only 8 when the abusive started. After my father’s death everything changes the new father figure came into place.

My father was the most important thing that I hade, he was a hard working men, who would never let anybody down he would always encourage people to be a better person day to day. My father was more than a father he was a friend to his kids, he was a men that always kept his word, a men that would stay by our side no matter what other people hade to say. The men that spent 8 years with me did everything in his power to make his family happy, to make me happy.

My Stepfather is the most horrible person that is alive, he make my life a living hell. I see him as a human with no feelings, with no emotions, and mostly he has no hard. He is the person that tormented me for years; He is the person that doesn’t care of what other people might be feeling, and he doesn’t care of who they are, and how bad his actions could be.

I didn’t have a childhood as a young child my life was full of problems, with my stepfather in charge of the house my life went by really slow, he would just treated me really bad as if I was a thing he could just mess with. He was not a father he was a mental abuser, a physical abuser but mostly he was the one in charge.

The problems that I was having in my house didn’t put me in the floor, I continued going to school acting as the normal child that everybody waned to see, I wasn’t allowed to show my true self I had to be the normal little girl that my dad waned me to be. After couple of years I recover from my father’s death and I continued with my journey in school I hade started a tutoring program for kids under the ages of 8 it wasn’t that hard because it was little kids, getting to know different stories about those kids and the child hood that they were facing in a way it remembered me of the child that I was a couple of years back.

After I had that experience with those kids I decided to push my self to work harder in my school to bring my grades up, to do those things that my dad was always talking. The different things that I did in school and in my community help several people because I know that was basically my dad’s dream to help the one that was in a severe need. It had always made me feel good about my self to help people; I probably got that because of my dad, and the different things that he did for those that were in need when bad things had happened to them.

I belief that everything that has happen to me has formed who I am now, the way that people act toward different situation that they might be facing it reflects upon the different things that has happen to them. I have work really hard to get were I am now, after the situation that went in my house I started therapy because I know that I needed extra help in my problem’s and the therapy has work really good it has show me who I am and where do I stand. With my therapy I have learn to forgive my stepfather and to understand why he did what he did, I don’t hate him I feel sorry for him.

I consider myself as an independent person that doesn’t let bad things and bad energy get in her way, I belief that the bad things that hade happen has help me be who I am, and has helped me help those people that are going through the same situation that I went through.

Time to time I have learn several things; I have learn to appreciate life, and to fight for the things that I want. I have promise my self to be a better person day to day.